2016 has been a mixed year overall really. I’ve really settled into a job I enjoy, and have got into a routine of making my way to work, maximising my day there, and making it home with minimal effort and wasted time. I’ve moved out into my own place, and I have welcomed the lovely Emma to Liverpool and our house, and I have travelled to some great new places. While 2016 has seen some global nightmares, questionable political decisions, and too many celebrity deaths to entertain, it has been a fairly solid year for me personally. I hope to continue this into 2017, and to help me a long I have made some resolutions to enter the New Year with.
I dibble and dabble in a few worlds online, and I blog about many different things. I have a few ideas of resolutions and plans for 2017, so thought splitting them into different areas would make the most sense. The resolutions are hopefully going to help me better myself in 2017, and set a good precedent for years to come. Many I will be able to do, and keep track of myself, but some may require help from others (Emma?!) to keep in check.
So, without further ado, my resolutions for 2017:
- Exercise: I do bits here and there across different types of exercise, and would like to improve my fitness for health and activity reasons. This year, I aim to walk/gym/HIIT/swim/play hockey at least 3 times per week, for a period of at least 30minutes (or complete workout in the case of HIIT)
- Eat healthier: I realise this sounds vague, so bear with me. I aim to cook at least 5 nights a week, and to start taking my lunch to work everyday.
- Lose Weight: I lost a lot of weight while travelling a couple of years ago, and slowly that weight has creeped back on. In conjunction with the previous two resolutions, my aim for 2017 is to lose 10% of my body weight over the course of the year.
- Tidy Room: My room has a tendency to spiral out of control into a messy state, so I aim to keep my room tidy and clean at all times throughout the year.
- Tidy Car: My car also has a tendency to spiral out of control into a messy state, so I aim to keep my car clean and tidy at all times throughout the year.
- Bullet Journal: I have just bought and collected a Leuchtturm1917 bullet journal in the hopes of organising and managed the different aspects of my life and resolution with more efficiency and accuracy, therefore, I am to keep a bullet journal for 2017.
- Bucket List: I have a bucket list (which can be found here) which I have been slowly working through over the past few years. This year, I would like to cross off at least 3 things.
- Liverpool: I have travelled all around the world, but often neglect my brilliant home town. Liverpool has parks, a rivers, museums, galleries, and many more fascinating places that I neglect to visit. Every month I want to do something ‘touristy’ in my home town.
- The UK: The UK is a brilliant place full of many beautiful and interesting places that are worth visiting right on my doorstop. This year, I aim to visit ten new places in England, and the UK in 2017.
- The World: I love travelling new places, and new countries, so in 2017, I want to visit at least 6 different countries.
- Readathons: I love a good readathon, and will probably complete a few in the next year, but as a minimum, I want to complete all 24hr readathons and Bout of Books in 2017.
- 52 books: I want to read at least 52 books during 2017, and make a note of each one of these books for an end of year round up.
- Old and New Books: To limit the amount of books I buy without reading, I set a challenge to read at least 3 books already on my shelf for every new book I buy/obtain.
TV and Film
- IMDb Top 250: In uni, I copied down the top 250 at the time, and have watched some of those films. By the end of 2017, I would like to have seen at least 150 of these films.
- TV Shows: I am good at starting to watch things and then starting something new before I finish watching the show I originally started. This year, before I start new Netflix/Prime shows, I want to be up to date all of the TV shows I began watching before Jan 2017.
- Twitter Chats: This year, I discovered interacting with others via twitter chat. I really like this world, so this year, I aim to complete at least one twitter chat every fortnight. (To follow on twitter: twitter.com/LizHannah25)
- Instagram: I love photos, and think that this is a great way to show off the different aspects of life. This year, I aim to actively invest in my Instagram and post a minimum of 3 photographs a week. (To follow on instagram: instagram.com/lizwhitehouse25/
- Blog Posts: This year has seen patches of blogging silences, and stretches of daily posts. While the former was definitely not good, the latter was harder to maintain, so, in light of this, I’m setting more reasonable goals. This year, I am aim to blog at least 4 times a week.
- Blog Diversity: I tend to blog about things I like, and different things from my life, so in 2017, I aim to blog about at least 3 different things per week e.g. travel, books, lifestyle, TV/Film.
- Comments: I love it when other bloggers interact with me on my blog, so I am looking to start doing this with others. I have recently become a Bout of Books Expert and have started commenting on others posts, which I am hugely enjoying. This year, I aim to comment on 365 blog posts, which is at least one blog post every day.
That’s 20 New Year’s resolutions, is that too many? I don’t know. Hopefully, I am able to stick to them, and hopefully they will improve aspects of my life for this year and beyond.
What resolutions have you made for 2017?
Thank you for reading and following over the past year. I’d like to wish you a very happy, healthy, and prosperous New Year!