This week is a big week for me. I am leaving on an action packed trip on Wednesday to the USA, and this week is Bout of Books 19 too. I technically signed up last week here, but I wanted to create a Bout of Books 19/USA Trip TBR list. I have a few days of the readathon, then I fly to the USA, so all in all I need around 12 days of books to read for all occasions.
To start with, for those of you who don’t know:
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda Shofner and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 8th and runs through Sunday, January 8th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional.
Secondly: the trip is pretty huge. I am travelling to Pittsburgh, Columbus, Cincinnati, Louisville, Covington, Indianapolis, and Chicago. As action packed and fun-filled as the trip is going to be, there are a few bus journeys, and two long distance flights that I can get some serious reading done.
So yes, the TBR. Well, I finished His Bloody Project today, so the two books I am left reading are pretty light. Once I finish The Masked City I am only re-reading (well listening) to Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, so I feel like I can either embark on some things long or somethings new:
- Exile James Swallow: I received ARC from NetGalley last month (yey) that I have been saving for this readathon. I can’t wait to read it because I loved the first Rubicon series book when I was in the Caribbean earlier this year.
- The Masked City Genevieve Cogman: I started reading this a few days ago, and I am about a third through. I’m really enjoying the series and would quite like to get this read before I go away on Wednesday,
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets J K Rowling: OK this is only on here because I have already started it and want to finish it and because I love it and the audiobook is so good.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban J K Rowling: Y’know, because I am not going to stop listening to these awesome audiobooks just because I have read them a few times.
- The Magician’s Nephew C S Lewis: I have been meaning to read The Chronicles of Narnia for literally years, so when my friend from work gifted me a full set of the books, it reminded me how much I want to read them. They’re also on Overdrive, so they’re perfect for travelling.
- The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe C S Lewis: I am quite sure that if I finish reading one, I will be moving onto the next pretty sharpish, so I stuck this on the list as well.
- A Dance with Dragons: I: Dreams and Dust George R R Martin: I have really got back into A Song of Ice and Fire and don’t want to lose momentum at all if I can. These books are on overdrive too, and for some reason I find them easier to read on there, so I am going to be attempting this throughout the readathon and my trip.
- The Long Way Down Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman: I loved the TV shows of their trips, and I also thoroughly enjoyed reading Charley Boormans travel Memoir By Any Means, so I figured this would be a great book to take on a journey.
So what do you plan to read this Bout of Books? I have already changed my mind from my sign up post, so we shall see what actually ends up happening! Enjoy the readathon, and keep your eyes out for regular update posts!