I am writing this tired on a Tuesday evening, The good kind of tired though. I’ve had a super productive day. I’ve been to work, driven to my Emma’s to pick her stuff (and her) up, packed and then unpacked the car, and helped sort some of the stuff now as she is officially a resident of Liverpool.
If you want to find out more, or take part in, Top 5 Wednesday, click here to find Lainey and Samantha’s Goodreads page.
Oooo, this week is a little bit of a curveball. A great turn around on the usual question of which character would you most like to be. This could be a good top 5 list:
- Sirius Black (Harry Potter Series): I love Sirius as a character, but he has a pretty rubbish life. He was betrayed by his friend, he spent years in a really bad prison as an innocent man (dog), he escaped only to have to live in his family home as a prisoner (the family he hated), and then the first time he gets out in ages, he goes and dies.
- Eric (Divergent Trilogy): Being the lackie in a dystopian novel is never, ever a good thing. It’s bad enough being in the dystopian world to begin with, never mind being the expendable bad guy.
- Tom Robinson (To Kill a Mockingbird): I feel like this is the obvious choice for this category, because there is no way anyone would ever want to be him, or switch places with him.
- Mike Newton (Twilight Series): Mike misses out in so many ways. He’s surrounded by the most beautiful women, but unfortunately for him, they’ve all fallen for the guys who are way more attractive than he can ever hope to be. And then when someone ‘normal’ comes along, the only remaining freak beauty comes along and steals her away.
- Eeyore (Winnie-the-Pooh): Yes, he is absolutely adorabale. BUT, he is always miserable and his house blows down a lot. Noone wants to be like that.
Who in literature would you hate to change places with?